Prostatitis is an inflammation of the prostate gland. This is the most common disease of the genitourinary system in men. Typically, prostatitis affects patients aged 30-50 years. The disease can be acute or chronic.
The main clinical signs of prostatitis are painful and difficult urination, pain in the pelvic region, and development of sexual function. Diagnosis is made based on medical history data, patient interview and examination, clinical picture of the disease, and is confirmed with the help of additional laboratory and instrumental studies (cultivation). bacterial culture in urine and prostate secretions, prostate ultrasound).
Classification of prostatitis
According to the etiology, the following types of prostatitis are distinguished:
- no bacteria;
- bacteria (found in most cases).
Distinguish from flow:
- acute prostatitis;
- chronic prostatitis.
Causes of prostatitis
The main reasons for the development of the disease are:
- circulatory disorders in the pelvic organs;
- penetration of infection into the prostate gland;
- trauma to the external genitalia and pelvic organs;
- increased load on the muscles of the perineum;
- irregular sex life;
- slow urination;
- Hormonal disorder;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- frequent hypothermia of the body;
- bad habits;
- improper nutrition;
- reduced immunity;
- the presence of foci of chronic infection in the body;
- frequent stress, nervous tension;
- excessive sexual activity, interrupted intercourse;
- inflammatory diseases of the urinary and digestive systems;
- chronic constipation;
Symptoms of Prostatitis
The acute form of the disease begins to manifest clinically with a sharp increase in body temperature. The patient has chills, general weakness, pain in muscles, joints, and low back.
An unusual warm and uncomfortable sensation is felt in the perineum. There may be slight swelling due to an increase in the size of the prostate gland. The patient feels a constant urge to urinate and the urine is cloudy.
When you touch the perineum at the site of inflammation, pain will appear and increase when pressing on the prostate. As the inflammation progresses, new symptoms appear.
Man feels pain in genital area and lower back. The pain can be transmitted to other parts of the body. Nocturia becomes more frequent, when urinating, the patient has a burning sensation.
There are signs of intoxication in the body. In severe cases, sepsis can begin. This condition requires immediate hospitalization and emergency treatment.
Chronic prostatitis has no symptoms in most cases. With exacerbations of the disease, symptoms such as pathological discharge from the urethra, blood in semen, pain during ejaculation may appear.
In addition, there may be pain in the area between the scrotum and anus. With prolonged and untreated prostatitis, erectile dysfunction can develop.
Diagnosis of prostatitis
The main methods for diagnosing the disease are:
- Conduct patient examination and interview (doctor is interested in the time when symptoms appear such as frequent urination, pain in the lower back, perineum, what disease the patient has before, has surgery on organsgenital or not, etc. on);
- reproductive function analysis (does the patient have an erection in the morning and at night, what is the average duration of intercourse, is there erectile dysfunction, pain during ejaculation, etc. );
- examination of the genitals - determine the correctness of their development, the presence of pathological discharge from the urethra, signs of inflammation;
- digital rectal examination - the doctor determines the degree of pain and consistency of the prostate gland;
- Prostate ultrasound using a special sensor, inserted through the anus into the patient's rectum - one of the most informative diagnostic methods, thanks to which you can get an image of the prostate glandparalysis and any obvious pathological changes;
- urinalysis (general, glass sample);
- blood test (general) - reveals signs of inflammatory processes in the body;
- take a secret of the prostate gland with its subsequent study under a microscope - confirm inflammation of the prostate gland and reveal a violation of its function;
- take a smear from the urethra followed by microscopic examination - determine the composition of the discharge from the urethra;
- culture of bacteria in prostate secretions and smear of urine on nutrient medium - to determine the type of prostatitis causative agent and its sensitivity to antibiotics;
- urinalysis - using a special device, the strength and speed of urination is determined;
- PCR diagnostics - performed to detect STDs;
- a prostate biopsy with examination of biological material is then done under a microscope - done to rule out prostate cancer.
The bacterial form of the disease is treated with antibiotics. The patient was prescribed antibacterial shock. In acute prostatitis, treatment begins before the test results are received, because urgent measures must be taken.
In the chronic form of the disease, test results will be awaited, and on the basis of the results the attending physician will prescribe complex therapy. In addition to antibiotics, NSAIDs have been shown to reduce pain and inflammation.
Adjuvant treatment is indicated for chronic nonbacterial prostatitis. Patients are prescribed immunomodulators, boosters to stimulate the immune system. Physical therapy (ultrasound, electrophoresis, acupuncture, laser and some other techniques) has given good results in the treatment of prostatitis.
The above treatments will only bring temporary results if the man does not radically change his lifestyle. It is necessary to normalize the regime of work and rest, give up bad habits, eat in moderation, exercise. It is extremely important to establish a regular sex life to avoid stagnation of prostate secretions.
Folk remedies for prostatitis
Prostatitis can be cured at home, for this there are many tried and true traditional medicine recipes. The disease should be in its primary or chronic stage, with a severe prostatitis episode that cannot be given medication or even surgery.
Folk remedies for prostatitis help increase resistance and reduce pain for the body, they are allowed to be combined with folk healing methods.
For prostatitis in traditional medicine, the following remedies are often used:
- pumpkin seeds.It has long been used by healers in the treatment of prostatitis. They are a good and very affordable folk remedy for this condition. Since these nuts are high in zinc, essential for any man of any age, they quickly heal prostatitis. You only need to eat 30 seeds per day before meals. This is exactly the daily zinc ratio for the body.
- fern bark;
- celandine.Cleanse the body of polyps, cysts and other tumors;
- Chestnut.Improve blood circulation and blood outflow from the prostate gland, enhance testosterone production, reduce inflammation;
- pine leaves.Reduce inflammation and pain, soothe;
- burdock root.Contains a huge amount of trace elements useful to the human body are tannins, essential oils, proteins, fatty acids, vitamins;
- honey.Improve urination, relieve pain;
- hazel (bark, leaves).Eliminates the inflammatory process in the prostate gland, increases the strength of the body in general;
- sage tree.Is an effective remedy to support the treatment of all urinary tract infections;
- testicle tuber.
- hop hat.Used for frequent urination, as an antiseptic and pain reliever.
- Take a spoonful of witch hazel leaves (or bark) and boil it in a cup of boiling water. Close the lid tightly and wait half an hour. Then strain for 1/4 cup 4 times a day.
- In addition to witch hazel, fern bark is also effective in treating prostatitis. Take 100g, grind it and put it in a half liter jar. Pour 200 grams of vodka on top, while completely pouring the bark. Cover the jar and keep it in a dark place for 2 weeks. After this period, stretch the infusion. The infusion is taken orally 3 times a day, diluting 20 drops with a quarter glass of liquid. Drink before meals. With daily use, this poplar bark infusion should last for 2–2. 5 months.
- To make rectal suppositories of honey, you need to take 1 tsp. honey, 3 tbsp. flour, 1 egg. All ingredients are mixed to form candles.
- Pine leaves are used to make relaxing baths; for this, a concentrated amount of pine needles is poured into a bath of warm water. In this case, the amount of water should cover the entire body. Admission time is 20 minutes.
- Horse chestnuts can be used as part of other fees or at their own expense. To make the broth, you need to take the peels of two fruits and put them in 500 ml of boiling water. Boil the medicine for 2 hours, remove from heat, cover, leave to infuse. You can add a few daisies even while cooking.
To cure yourself of prostatitis, you need to have a great desire and will. Any remedy should be taken systematically over a long period of time, usually the course of treatment lasts at least three weeks. Treatment at home always lasts longer than in the hospital, because mild agents are used for therapy.
Treatment of prostatitis with folk remedies should be accompanied by moderate physical activity. Shown are exercises: squats, leg lifts, long walks in the fresh air. Simple exercises prevent the appearance of stagnation in the pelvic organs.
The main measures to prevent the disease are:
- refuse a promiscuous sex life;
- having regular sex with a regular partner;
- the use of barrier contraception during intercourse;
- compliance with the rules of intimate hygiene;
- refuse a sedentary lifestyle - physical education, walks in the fresh air;
- avoid hypothermia of the body;
- proper nutrition - refuse fast food and other junk food, introduce into the daily diet fresh fruits and vegetables containing many vitamins and trace elements useful to the body;
- avoid injury and bruising of the genitals;
- refuse to take uncontrolled medication;
- refuse bad habits;
- fortify the body, enhance immunity;
- avoid frequent prolonged exertion without ejaculation;
- regular cleaning of foci of chronic infection in the body;
- control weight, prevent the development of obesity;
- When the first suspicious symptoms appear, an immediate examination will help to identify prostatitis at an early stage, which will facilitate further treatment and avoid the development of prostatitis. symptoms.